Drena De Niro has spoken out about her son, Leandro De Niro Rodriguez’s, dying, claiming that the “nightmare of habit and fentanyl overdose” is what “killed him” in an Instagram assertion made on Wednesday.
Rodriguez, the 19-year-old grandson of actor Robert De Niro, was discovered useless on July 2 after ingesting drugs that have been laced with fentanyl. The New York Metropolis chief health worker’s workplace confirmed on Tuesday that his reason behind dying was an unintentional drug overdose, in accordance with Individuals.
“My son suffered tremendously via the pandemic as perhaps lots of your children had,” she wrote to her followers. “Sadly habit took over within the final 12 months and ultimately killed him.”
Drena tagged Leandro’s father, Carlos Rodriguez, within the assertion and got here out towards the “narrative” rising across the circumstances of Leandro’s dying, condemning the media’s protection as “vicious, inaccurate hypotheses and conjecture by means of trolling and randoms who don’t have anything higher to do than unfold vitriol.”
“You may politicize it until your face turns blue however psychological well being and habit and fentanyl doesn’t care about pointing fingers and calling names and blaming, it chooses who it chooses and will get within the arms of too many individuals who then distribute it,” she wrote.
Drena’s publish acquired a whole lot of feedback.
“One can solely think about how profound your disappointment and grief are. You’re so brave to talk out and are already serving to. Leo have to be so proud,” supermodel Linda Evangelista commented.
Drena’s message on Wednesday is her most present on her late son, following a tribute she gave on Aug. 3, one month after Leandro’s dying, and a press release she launched on July 2 saying her son’s dying. (RELATED: Pee-Wee Herman Actor Paul Reubens Useless At Age 70)
“My lovely candy angel,” she wrote on the time. “I’ve beloved you past phrases or description from the second I felt you in my stomach.”
Three days after her son’s dying, Drena responded to feedback on her Instagram about the reason for her son’s dying.
“Somebody bought him fentanyl laced drugs that they knew have been laced but nonetheless bought them to him,” she wrote. “So for all these individuals nonetheless f—— round promoting and shopping for this s—, my son is gone endlessly.”
Drena concluded her Wednesday assertion saying, “I additionally hope his passing will assist convey extra empathy, understanding and assist to households and people who find themselves scuffling with psychological well being, suicide and habit.”