The 'sweetest' poodle was revived with Narcan after being found unconscious, having a drug overdose

  • A poodle was discovered unconscious and suspected to have ingested medication in Pennsylvania.
  • Vets in Philadelphia save canine’s life by administering Narcan.
  • The shelter mentioned the poodle has since made a full restoration.

A poodle was revived with Narcan after struggling a suspected drug overdose in Pennsylvania, a shelter mentioned.

Toodles the poodle and his proprietor had been discovered unconscious and unresponsive in Kensington, Pennsylvania, SPCA mentioned in a publish on Fb.

The Philadelphia Police Division got here to assist the particular person, whereas Good Samaritans rushed the canine to Blue Pearl Emergency Hospital in Philadelphia. 

Suspecting that the canine had ingested medication by chance or in any other case, vets on the hospital administered Narcan.

Narcan, the model title model of naloxone, blocks the consequences of opiates and has been hailed as a life-saving drug that can be utilized to cease overdoses.

After being given the medicine, Toodles instantly turned responsive and had since “miraculously” made a full restoration and is “the sweetest pup,” based on the shelter.

Toodles was positioned on an IV and monitored because the medication flushed out his system. He has since been transferred to the shelter.

“Toodles might have died. He might have had lasting impacts from the medication that he ingested. However, at this time, he’s protected, and he has a brand new future forward of him,” the shelter mentioned.


Posted

in

by