Aaron Carter dying: Singer drowned in tub after taking sedatives, 'huffing,' a coroner's report says

  • Aaron Carter was discovered useless in his dwelling in November. He was 34.
  • The singer apparently drowned in his bathtub after taking sedatives and “huffing” cleansing merchandise, based on a coroner’s report launched Tuesday.
  • Toxicology exams discovered the generic model of Xanax and an air spray cleaner propellant in his system.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Singer and rapper Aaron Carter by accident drowned in his bathtub resulting from sedatives he’d taken and gasoline utilized in spray cleaners he had inhaled, a coroner’s report stated Tuesday.

Carter, the youthful brother of the Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter, was discovered submerged and useless at age 34 within the bathtub of his dwelling in Lancaster, California, on Nov. 5, the post-mortem report from the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner stated.

The sedative alprazolam, usually bought underneath the model identify Xanax, was present in his system, as was the compressed gasoline difluoroethane, which the report says is “a gasoline generally used as a propellant in air spray cleaners,” which “can induce emotions of euphoria when inhaled.” Inhaling substances to get excessive can be known as “huffing,” based on the Nationwide Library of Medication.

The 2 substances made him incapacitated within the tub, and triggered the drowning, the report stated.

The post-mortem was carried out the day after Carter’s dying, however the outcomes had been withheld for toxicology exams, which frequently take months.